Views:10 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-25 Origin:Site
LED (Light Emitting Diode), a light-emitting diode, is a solid-state semiconductor device that can directly convert electricity into light. It is currently being used in more and more vehicles, such as LED far and near beams, LED tail lights, high-position brake lights, daytime running lights, etc.
The heart of the LED is a semiconductor chip, one end of the chip is attached to a support, one end is the negative pole, and the other end is connected to the positive pole of the power supply, so that the entire chip is encapsulated by epoxy resin. The semiconductor wafer is composed of two parts, one part is a P-type semiconductor, in which holes dominate, and the other end is an N-type semiconductor, which is mainly electrons. When these two semiconductors are connected, a "P-N junction" is formed between them.
When the current acts on the chip through the wire, that is, the "PN junction", the electrons will be pushed to the P area, where the electrons and holes recombine, and then emit energy in the form of photons. This is the LED light emission The principle. The wavelength of light is also the color of light, which is determined by the material forming the P-N junction.
Advantages of LED lights
1. Energy saving and low cost: The luminous efficiency of LED is high, nearly twice that of fluorescent lamp. If we use our daily energy-saving lamps as an analogy, energy-saving lamps are 4/5 energy-saving than incandescent lamps, and LEDs are 1/4 energy-saving than energy-saving lamps. In cars, the same daytime running lights, the energy consumption of LED components is only 1/20 of that of halogen lamps. The cost of LED components has also been greatly reduced year by year, and the current cost and price are still falling by more than 20% per year.
2. Long life span: The LED components currently used in automobiles can basically reach the level of 50,000 hours, and well-known automotive lighting suppliers have been able to provide LED components with a lifespan of 100,000 hours, which is equivalent to 11 years... Taking into account the frequency of light usage, basically, the LED components do not need to be replaced during the design life of the entire vehicle. In contrast, the life span of a xenon lamp is only about 3000 hours.
3. Good durability: LED components have a simple structure, excellent impact resistance and shock resistance, are not easily broken, and can adapt well to various environments.
4. LED components are small in size, compact and easy to layout and shape design: this is a huge advantage of LED, this advantage fully caters to the evolutionary needs of automobile manufacturers in design, breaking the shackles of the past lighting system on modeling innovation, and let us have More creative automotive products.
5. Fast response speed: The lighting of LED only needs microseconds. It can be quickly lit to achieve better warning effect when used on taillights and turn signals. When used on headlights, it has more advantages than xenon lamps and halogen headlights. The high response speed has better guarantee for driving safety.
6. Low brightness attenuation: LED brightness is high, and the light brightness attenuation is much lower than that of halogen lamps. It is suitable for lighting and warning lights such as brake lights and turn signals.
7. It can be driven by low-voltage direct current, with small load, weak interference, low requirements for the use environment, and good adaptability. Unlike xenon lamps, a booster device (high-voltage package) is also required.
Ycloud is a professional LED work lights manufacturer in China. If you are interested in LED lighting products, please contact us to know more details.